Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Goodbye Aunt Dodo


Today was bittersweet. I began my day by celebrating the birth of one of my dear friends Jessica, and ended it by mourning the loss of my sweet aunt Dodo. Sometimes I forget how funny it must sound to those who didn’t know my aunt by her nickname. Most people called Dodo (pronounced doe-doe) Dee, which is short for Dolores. Dodo lived down the street from Mer (my grandma), so when I was little, I always loved going to her house to play. My cousins were all older, but Dodo kept some of their toys around and I got to play with them when I came over. I remember she had the biggest collection of “my little ponies” all lined up neatly in drawers. She would let me get them out and play for as long as I wanted.

Lulu had a chance to visit Dodo at her house during our last trip to Tulsa. She didn’t get to play with the “my little ponies,” but I think she could tell that we used to have a lot of fun there. Dodo was a special aunt and she will be greatly missed by a lot of people. She had been sick for a long time, so it’s at least comforting to know she is without pain in Heaven. 

Sad puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!