Friday, September 7, 2012

Herbivore


My crafty husband Erik saw an idea he liked for an herb box and decided to build us one for the backyard. We had just painted the backdoor red, so he painted the box to match. We put the box on top of an old flowerbed next to our shed. Lulu likes to play in that area, so she was quick to check out the new structure. She walked around it and sniffed all the herbs. Erik looked at her and said “Lulu, you are not to dig in this box.” So far, we haven’t witnessed any actual digging. I did catch her standing in the box one afternoon, but there were no signs of foul play.

I let her out last night while I was working on my computer, and when she came back in she had that look in her eye. I went out and checked and everything was still untouched. Lulu snuggled up to me on the couch when I came back in, and I noticed that she smelled a little funny. I got closer and instantly recognized the aroma of fresh rosemary on her little snout. I started laughing and told Erik. He wasn’t as amused as I was. We both agreed that it’s only a matter of time before she digs up the whole herb garden! 

I'm being good, I promise!

Good job, hubby!


Yes, we are watching you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!