Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hunting Dog: The Bugs

Lulu has become a very skilled hunter. She takes a different approach depending on her prey. She stalks cats and birds, chases squirrels and harasses turtles. When she sees a bug, she prefers to sit as close as possible and observe it. She really likes it when they are injured and can’t go very far. I videoed her watching a big beetle stuck on its back one morning. She stayed outside for 20 minutes without taking her eyes off him. When we were in Tulsa, a locust fell out of a tree, so that was also really exciting for her. I took a video of that too, but I was afraid to get too close. It kept buzzing and I was afraid it was going to get me. Unlike Lulu, I do not like bugs!
yucky bug!
Lulu and the Beetle
Got him!
Proud pup!
Lulu and the Locust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!