Monday, July 2, 2012

Hunting Dog


I think Lulu has finally found her true calling in life. She tried the interior decorator route and that didn’t go so well. Next she decided to try her luck with landscaping. That’s become more of a hobby lately. Her full time focus is now “hunting dog.” Lu has always enjoyed chasing birds, and now she’s taking it to the next level. Her first order of business when she goes out in our yard is to run as fast as she can around the perimeter and scare all birds away. She also thought this was necessary when we went to visit my grandma (Mer) in Tulsa this weekend. She also enjoys stalking cats when we go for a walk. We visited some neighbors a few weeks ago and she chased their sweet little kitty up a tree. She was very proud of herself. 

As I mentioned earlier, we went to Mer’s house in Tulsa this weekend for a family Fourth of July gathering. Lulu was definitely in her element in Mer’s backyard. We had several critter encounters and I was lucky enough to have my phone handy for most of them. I’ll have to break it down into different posts because there’s a lot of pictures/videos. I’ll start with her crazy tree-climbing episode. I never actually saw a squirrel go up, but Lulu sure thought she saw something in the tree. Claire was a little puzzled too. 



Claire says "What on earth are you doing Lulu?"

Big tree, small dog!



Tired from all the hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!