Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hunting Dog: The Turtle

We were having breakfast at Mer’s house and I looked out the window and saw Lulu really focused on something in the back corner of the yard. I put on my shoes and went out to see what she found and I saw this cute little guy:

He was minding his own business and munching on a worm. Lulu was behaving pretty well; she just sat in front of the turtle and watched him. I didn’t want anything to happen, so I picked him up and carried him through the fence to the front yard. I put him down in some bushes and we all went back inside. Not even five minutes later I heard Lu whining at the door to go out. I looked through the glass and that crazy turtle had made his way back under the gate and was crawling right across Mer’s patio! Lulu had a fit! I videoed her watching from inside, then I felt bad and let her back out. She wasn't so nice to the turtle this time (see videos below).

Please let me out!


trying to be good 


poor turtle


plotting her attack


After all that excitement, I decided to take the turtle far away. I walked him through the front gate and across the neighbors yard. I put him in a nice little flower bed where he would be safe. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later he came crawling back through the fence. We decided that "he" must be a "she" that had some babies in Mer's yard, because that was one determined turtle. Of course Lulu greeted her at the fence and got a little out of hand. 


Can I keep it, mom?


Finally Erik decided to just move the turtle to a safer spot in Mer's yard. Lulu eventually got bored with him and moved on to better things. I took a few more pictures before we said bye bye to the turtle. 


Bye turtle, I'll miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!