Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lupo Ain’t Got Nothin’ on Lulu


I’m sure you’ve heard by now that William and Kate have adopted a black cocker spaniel puppy. They named him Lupo, which is the Latin word for Wolf. So that got me thinking, what does the name Lulu mean? After a brief google search, I can tell you that Lulu’s name is a diminutive of names beginning with Lu, most commonly, Luise, which comes from the French form of blah blah blah…the long and short of it, her name means “famous warrior”.  Stupid, I know. So I did another google search and found that Lulu means “Pearl” in Arabic. I like that much better! 

Back to Lupo- I know he’s the royal dog and all, but I bet Lulu has more toys than he does. And I doubt Wills and Katie let Lupo sleep in bed with them. He may get to take nicer vacations and he probably has a bigger security team than my girl, but she will always be treated like royalty while she's under my roof. 

Lupo

My little "Pearl"

The Royal Highness Riding in her Chariot 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!