Monday, March 26, 2012

Dancing Queen

Ever since Lulu was a puppy, I would always make up little songs and sing them to her. One of the songs I sing is called “dancing dog,” sung to the tune of Abba’s Dancing Queen. I hold her paws and we dance while I sing. I really don’t know the words to the original song, just the tune, so I sing “Lu can dance, mom can dance” then I hum the rest. Well, last night I was unpacking my bag from the weekend and I heard Erik in the bedroom singing to Lulu. He sang, “Lu can dance, Dad can dance”­­– I died laughing. He didn’t realize he was doing it and when he heard me laugh he got so embarrassed. It was so cute though.

Lulu was so worn out from the weekend. She crashed early, so we didn’t wake her up for a final potty break before bed. Around 4 a.m., I could feel her moving around at the foot of the bed, so I thought I’d better take her out. We went out in the front yard and I thought I saw a bright light coming from a few doors down. Once I got in the yard, I realized it was a car. My neighborhood has had a lot of break-ins recently, so I was a little scared. Next thing I know, the car starts driving towards me. I thought, ok, maybe they’ll just drive past me since I clearly saw them. Nope. The car stops right in front of my house and the driver door starts to open. I panic and jerk Lu, mid-pee, back up on the front porch and inside the house. I could hear the person saying something as I turned to run, but I couldn’t make it out since I was practically flying back into the house. When we got inside, I started yelling for Erik and told him I thought someone might be after me. We watched out the window and they walked up to my other neighbor’s front porch and then turned around, got in their car and drove off. I took Lu in the backyard to finish her potty break, and then we all went back to bed a little shaken. I started to think about everything that had happened, and then it hit me. I’m pretty sure it was the newspaper delivery person. This morning I walked outside and sure enough, there were newspapers on both my neighbors’ front porches. Oops! I guess I may have overreacted a tad. Better safe than sorry! 
Sleepy Girl

I forgot to post this sweet pic yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!