Monday, March 5, 2012

Fluffy No More


I’m back from A-town (aka Austin).  We had a great time, but needless to say, I’m exhausted. The cupcakes we ordered for Lauren’s lingerie shower turned out great. This is the only picture I took of them (sorry, it’s not the best):
BTW those are cookie toppers on the cupcakes.
Anything that combines two desserts is good in my book! 
I missed Lulu and Erik a lot, so I was glad to get back pretty early on Sunday. My wonderful husband did a great job taking care of Lu while I was gone. He took her to the dog park Saturday and then to get groomed on Sunday. For a while now, Erik and I have been discussing shaving Lulu pretty close. I feel like the poor baby stays hot all the time, so I decided to put her personal needs before my wanting her to be pretty and fluffy. Erik wanted her to have a mohawk, but I vetoed that idea. 

I am very lucky to have a good friend (Megan) who just happens to be an amazing mini goldendoodle groomer. She’s also a dog breeder, so I always call her when I’m worried something is wrong with Lu (pretty much once or twice a week).

After a close inspection by Megan, Erik said they decided Lulu's hair was too thick for the clippers, so they just cut it as close as possible with the scissors. It took forever, but she looks and feels so much better. You can actually tell that she has legs now!
Halfway done!
She did this on her own

She was a tired pup after the intense grooming session


Snoozing with her BFF

They really bonded while I was gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!