Friday, April 27, 2012

Every Day is Dog Day


I’m aware that I exhibit a higher level of craziness commitment to being a “dog mom” than most. For those of you that know me/my family, it’s very clear that this quality is genetic (thanks mom). My good friend Megan gave me some pre-puppy counseling and I remember the one thing she really emphasized was “Fit the dog around your life. Don’t fit your life around the dog.”  Ha! I gave it a good try, but I don’t think my odds were very good going into it considering I took a Friday off the day I got Lu, and also the next Monday so she would have an extended period of time to spend with her new momma! We also didn't go out to dinner for a month because I had separation anxiety felt guilty after being gone at work all day. Oh well. I am who I am (sorry hubby!).


Yesterday, my equally insane dedicated mom came to Little Rock with her Lab Claire (Lu’s cousin). They picked Lulu up around 4 pm and headed over to the dog park. I joined them as soon as I got off work. This was Claire’s first visit to the DP, so she went a little crazy in the water area. There were only a few dogs there, but she ended up splashing enough to get all of them wet (including Lulu). I took the girls home with me so my mom and her husband Randy could do some shopping and have dinner. The two muddy dogs and I had a nice time playing in our backyard, and Lu was worn out by the end of the night!
Splashing around!
Play fighting 

Claire took a little break

My sweet Lulu gives her cousin lots of kisses!

Claire got a little tired of it.

Tired, snuggly pups (this lasted 2 minutes, tops)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!