Friday, April 6, 2012

Girls Night In

Erik was out of town last night so Lulu and I had a little girl time. We kicked off the evening with a long walk around the neighborhood. The weather was so nice and it was “First Thursday,” so all the shops stayed open late and there was live music and a ton of people walking around. Lu doesn’t do so well in crowds. She gets way too excited. She tried to lick and jump on everyone we walked by.

I stopped to talk to a friend and noticed Lu poking around some cardboard behind a bench. I looked to see what she was doing and saw some dead baby birds on the ground. I freaked out and jerked Lu back. It would be just my luck that she would eat a dead bird and have to go to the emergency vet. Luckily, I pulled her away before she could dig in to the baby bird feast. YUCK!

When we got home, we played outside for a little while and caught up on some TV. After that, I decided to take a bath. You would think a bath would be a relaxing, soothing experience, but when you have Lulu for a pet, that is not the case. When Erik is home I close the door so it’s fine, but when it’s just Lu and I, I feel bad locking her out because she’ll sit at the door and cry.  I was hoping she might be good and let me enjoy my bath, but I was wrong.

First, she kept trying to lean over the edge of the tub and eat the bubbles. Then she kept pawing at me and scratching my shoulders. She acts like she wants in, but as soon as I start to lift her over the edge she backs off. She sat there and whined for a minute, and then she ran off. Right as I was about to lean back and relax, she came barging back in squeaking one of her toys. She brought it to the tub and dropped it right in! Oh Lulu. After that I gave up and got out, wet toy and all. We went to bed early and I got the best sleep I’ve had in awhile. A queen-sized bed is definitely not big enough for two people and a 33-pound dog that likes to cuddle, but for just Lu and I, it was perfect! 



I'm ready for bed mom!

Pretty girl

Lulu's bed

Not big enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love new comments!